I recently celebrated my 29th birthday...so weird. As a child I remember thinking that 30 sounded so old. But now I'm only one year away and I really don't feel that old at all.
Andrew is a little older than me, so his 30th birthday is rapidly approaching. Last year, when he turned 29, he made a list of 30 things to do before he turns 30. He's been steadily working his way through the list, although he has recently come to the realization that he probably won't achieve everything on the list by the time the big 3-0 rolls around (he was a bit ambitious). But that's okay, it's a fun exercise nonetheless. So, I have decided to follow his lead and create my own list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. I've tried to make mine realistically achievable...and, I have decided to share my list with you in the hope that by publishing this list for all the world to read, I will actually make myself do these things. :)
In no particular order...
1. Write and publish a pdf sewing pattern to sell online (don't worry, I still plan to write plenty of free tutorials).
2. Post on my blog at least 65 times in 52 weeks.
3. Visit Wheaton, IL.
4. Make Brent's Famous Pizza (I have only had it the one time he made it for me, and boy was it good).
5. Make a t-shirt quilt for Andrew...This is an item that, believe it or not, is on Andrew's list of 30 things to do before 30. Meaning, he intended to make a t-shirt quilt for himself...Please Note: he has never used a sewing machine. I told you his list was ambitious.
6. Read at least 8 novels for pleasure.
7. Grow my own tomatoes. (I am being intentionally vague about whether I will grow them from seeds or on a plant that I buy...at this point I'm not very knowledgeable about what I can realistically expect to grow on my apartment balcony. Any tips on growing tomatoes are warmly welcomed.)
8. Finish the baby blanket that I started crocheting when I was in high school.
9. Finish my Scrap-tastic Granny Square Afghan.
10. Write and mail one hand written letter per month (or a total of 12 for the year).
11. Re-teach myself how to use my digital SLR camera...it's been a while (I've taken most of the photos on this blog with a point-and-shoot).
12. Try 5 new recipes.
13. Make at least one article of clothing for myself.
My goodness, 30 things is a lot...good thing I'm not turning 50.
14. Go to the farmer's market in San Diego's Little Italy...a couple of people have told me that it's really good.
15. Makeover an old piece of furniture.
16. Submit a tutorial to a craft magazine for publication consideration.
17. Go to a food truck festival (We went to 2 last year and loved them).
18. Go to Disneyland.
19. Go paddle boarding.
20. Go to a musical.
21. Go hiking.
22. Purchase some music. (This may sound strange, but my musical library is seriously lacking. I can't remember the last time I purchased music. Once again, I welcome recommendations.)
23. Plan at least 3 craft nights with friends.
24. Go running with Andrew. (Once again I am being intentionally vague...no need to specify how many times this needs to occur..let's just say running isn't really my thing :)
25. Read about flower arranging and create some arrangements.
26. Make a wedding album (Another item taken from Andrew's list. We're way over due on this one).
27. Try three new restaurants in the town where we live.
28. Go to a fair or festival.
29. Tour a movie or TV studio.
30. Spend time at the ocean at least once per month.
Here's to a fun year ahead!