Saturday, March 10, 2012
Update: Tudor Rose Pillow
Last week I told you about the Tudor Rose pillow I was working on. As promised, here are some photos of the finished product. I went back and forth on what color to use for the pillow part, but ultimately I decided to keep it monochromatic. I'm normally one to opt for a lot of contrast, so this took a bit of restraint. But, I must say, I like how it turned out and I think the subtleness is nice.
I didn't write a tutorial for the pillow part of this project, but there really isn't much to it. I stitched the rose onto the front piece of the pillow by tacking down each of the petals and the large leaves. Once the front was complete, I made a simple envelope style back and slipped an 18" square pillow form inside...easy peasy!